Web Server connecting to db server on different machines

Ben

Hello

Im creating an asp.net web app that will need to connect to a SQL Server db
on another machine. I have set this up using trusted connections and
impersonation in the web.config file but I am getting a "Login failed for
user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'" message. I need this to work through
domain accounts on both machines.

Currently, it will work if I am using the machine where the web app resides
(ie. http://localhost/webapp/page.aspx) but i get the above message when
using another remote machine.

Any help is appreciated.
Ben

Ben

Thank you.

Seeing as I may not be able to convince our AD services group to do this, is
there another option?

Thanks.

Ben

Sorry for the question, but do you have a link that describes the trusted
subsystem design?

Thanks for your help!

Ben

Dominick

Thanks for the replies (again).

That solution wont work for use as we are building security into the
database to identify which data a user has access to based on their domain
account.

I will have to investigate either delegation or having the web server reside
on the same machine as the database.

Thanks again.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Setting up the various SPNs are enabling constrained delegation (if your AD
is 2003) isn't a big deal and is quite secure. If they are concerned about
their privileged domain admin accounts being delegated, they can flag them
as "sensitive and cannot be delegated".

Joe K.