Web Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1?

Lionel

I've recently installed VS.Net 2003 on a desktop running Windows XP. When
I try to create a new ASP.Net Web Application I get an error message.

'Visual Studio.Net has detected that the specified Web Server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.Net Web Applications or
Services'

..NET Framework 1.1 is installed. IIS 5.1 is installed a seems to be running
fine.

Any ideas?

TIA ,

Lionel

Ruslan Shlain

Go in to your IIS and look at the properties. In the tab Document make sure
you have default.aspx or any name with .aspx extention. If not then you need
to uninstall framework and reinstall it.

S. Justin Gengo

Lionel,

If the you do not have default.aspx as Ruslan suggests then you should try
running the command aspnet_regiis -i from the visual studio.net command
prompt (not the regular command prompt) before going through a full
re-install. This will attempt to re-register all .net association with IIS.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer