    Any ideas?

    TIA ,

    Lionel
    Lionel, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Go in to your IIS and look at the properties. In the tab Document make sure
    you have default.aspx or any name with .aspx extention. If not then you need
    to uninstall framework and reinstall it.

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > I've recently installed VS.Net 2003 on a desktop running Windows XP.

    When
    > I try to create a new ASP.Net Web Application I get an error message.
    >
    > 'Visual Studio.Net has detected that the specified Web Server is not

    running
    > ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.Net Web Applications

    or
    > Services'
    >
    > .NET Framework 1.1 is installed. IIS 5.1 is installed a seems to be

    running

    Ruslan Shlain, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Lionel,

    If the you do not have default.aspx as Ruslan suggests then you should try
    running the command aspnet_regiis -i from the visual studio.net command
    prompt (not the regular command prompt) before going through a full
    re-install. This will attempt to re-register all .net association with IIS.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer