    Presumably there is a d/l on MSDN to rectify this, but I can't find it. Does
    anyone know the URL?

    Many thanks.

    Andrew Chalk, Dec 10, 2004

  2. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267
    or
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825792

    let us know if these don't do the trick

    --
    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    rights.

    Jason Brown [MSFT], Dec 10, 2004

  3. Andrew,

    see if
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267

    or
    http://www.support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;886389&spid=6351&sid=global

    help you.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 10, 2004
  4. Andrew Chalk

    Andrew Chalk Guest

    Thanks. Using 817267 I looked at IIS and there is no "Web Service
    Extensions" tab. What do I need to install?

    Thanks,

    Andrew

    Andrew Chalk, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Andrew Chalk

    Andrew Chalk, Dec 10, 2004
  6. re:
    > Thanks. Using 817267 I looked at IIS and there is no "Web Service
    > Extensions" tab. What do I need to install?

    Hi, Andrew.

    First, let's find out what you are actually running.

    Please copy the following into a file named "version.aspx",
    and place the file in your wwwroot directory.

    version.aspx:
    -------------

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <head>
    </head>
    <%
    dim var as string
    var=Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_SOFTWARE")
    Response.Write("SERVER_SOFTWARE = " & var)
    Response.Write("<P>")
    Response.Write(System.Environment.Version.ToString())
    %>

    --------

    If you placed it in your wwwroot directory,
    please run the file by clicking on this link :

    http://localhost/version.aspx

    Post here the version information which the page writes.

    That will tell us what version of ASP.NET you're running.

    If you're running 1.0,
    there's no "Web Extensions" folder in the IIS Manager.

    If you're running 1.1,
    there is a "Web Extensions" folder in the IIS Manager.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 10, 2004
  7. Andrew Chalk

    SA Guest

    Hmm, having a Web Service Extensions node (not tab) in the IIS Manager is
    dependent on the OS, not the Framework version. In Win 2003, you have that
    because it's IIS 6. In Win XP or Win 2000, its 5.1 or 5.0 respectively, and
    they don't have a way to manage ISAPI filters like that.

    Here's what you should try:

    Go to the Framework folder in the Windows\Microsoft .NET folder.
    In the 1.1 version folder, there is a file aspnet_regiis.exe. Just execute
    that file. It will re-register ASP.NET 1.1 with IIS.

    That might solve the problem.

    --

    ---

    Sven.

    SA, Dec 10, 2004
  8. re:
    > Hmm, having a Web Service Extensions node (not tab) in the
    > IIS Manager is dependent on the OS, not the Framework version.

    Aargh! You're right. I should go get some sleep.

    re:
    > In the 1.1 version folder, there is a file aspnet_regiis.exe.
    > Just execute that file. It will re-register ASP.NET 1.1 with IIS

    You need the -i parameter if you're running aspnet_regiis.

    In a cmd, window, run :
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i

    Just running aspnet_regiis will produce the usage instructions.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 10, 2004
  9. Andrew Chalk

    Andrew Chalk Guest

    Lordy be! I think that worked. Thanks to you, and Juan and Jason. Where do
    you discover all this stuff?

    - Andrew

    Andrew Chalk, Dec 10, 2004
  10. Andrew Chalk

    SA Guest

    Andrew:

    When you hit your head hard enough often enough, it'll become clear to you
    too...

    --

    ---

    Sven.

    SA, Dec 15, 2004
  11. Andrew Chalk

    ala alnaji Guest

    This .NET is soooo Crap Im a websphere guy and I never had these kinda
    errors running simple JSP Plz help me change mind Im having the same
    error I run the execution registration file to register ASP.NET I still
    cant see the webservices extension folder what do I do and by the way u
    guys should really switch to WebSphere we never have these kinda stupid
    problems,

    ala alnaji, Dec 21, 2004
  12. Ok, don't know what is going on...i'm getting the same message, i'm very
    new at .net...i'll tell you what i have first...i have Visual Studio
    NET 2003, i'm running a Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6 installed, i
    looked at one article and it says the .net framework is not supported in
    windows 2003 server, if i go to the IIS web services panel, all i see is
    Active Server Pages, no ASP.NET 1.1, what the hell am i doing, can i
    even try to develop or will Windows 2003 Server not let me, please help
    call if you can...713-622-9264 or email

    thanks

    Nick

    nicholas popovich, Dec 29, 2004
  13. There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.

    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 29, 2004
  14. thanks for the reply, i'll check out that site...as you can guess i'm a
    very very newbie with this stuff...thanks for the help...

    nick

    nicholas popovich, Dec 29, 2004
  15. Andrew Chalk

    fox jumps Guest

    I just received this message on a machine I've been doing .NET on for
    months, and this is one of my BIGGEST Pet Peeves about software, in
    particular Microsoft.

    I added a proxy while at a client site. I did not check the button to
    not use proxy for localhost. Boom, VStudio blows up, and I spend an
    hour trying to figure out why. Now I know and I'll know better in the
    futre, but changing a web browser setting should NOT impact my
    develoment environment. Period.

    fox jumps, Jan 10, 2005
  16. Andrew Chalk

    Andrew Chalk Guest

    You probably spelled the commands incorrectly.

    Andrew Chalk, Jan 14, 2005