Web Server running ASP.NET 1.0

Summit

Hi,

I have tried this and am still getting an error trying to open a ASp .NET
application in Visual Studio .NET.

I still get an error: "VS.NEt has detected the Web Server is running a
version 1.0 of ASp.NET"

I have Windows 2000 Pro, IIS 5.0 and .NET 1.1

I have tried almost every single thing on the internet i.e. regiis_aspnet
-i/r, regsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll
Reinstalling IIS, .NET 1.1 etc. etc.

I also tried the dummy get_aspx_ver.aspx dummy page.

I have even tried uninstalling and installing both IIS and .NET 1.1.

Please help.. I am at the point of breaking down since I have been on this
for the past 4 days...

Also does anyone have any clue about IWAM_MACHINE and IUSR_MACHINE user
accounts created by IIS ?

Mujtaba Syed

When you run aspnet_regiis.exe -i, this tool installs ASP.NET based on its
own version. I suspect that you have .NET SDK 1.0 installed and you are
uninstalling and then re-installing ASP.NET 1.0 over and over.

Do this:
* Install just the .NET SDK 1.1.
* Launch aspnet_regiis without any params... check to make sure its (yes,
the version of aspnet_regiis) version is 1.1.*
* If not, move to the .NET 1.1 directory.
* Now run aspnet_regiis -i

Or, you can just uninstall .NET SDK 1.0 first unless you need it.

Try this and tell me how it works out,
Mujtaba.

Summit

Hi Mujtaba,

Not sure if what you are saying is true.

I have always had .NET 1.1 . Also, when I run the aspnet_regiis.exe -i it
says "Installing ASP.NET version 1.1.4322.0".

Is that just a red-herring?

How do I find out if I have got a .NET SDK 1.0 or 1.1 ?

cheers,
Sumit

Dan Rogers

Hi,

Each site/application within IIS can have it's own .NET runtime settings.
It sounds like you are trying to open a 1.1 project on the dev machine for
a server that has the project vroot or site settings set up for 1.0.

If you go to the IIS admin console, select the vroot or site for your
application, right click and select properties. This should display a
property page that has application configuration in the bottom half of the
dialog. Click on the "configuration button". This opens the configuration
dialog. The first tab shows a list of the .NET versions for each file
type. If these are 1.0, your application runs in 1.0 runtime. If these
are 1.1, it runs in the 1.1 runtime. Change it as you need to.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------

erymuzuan

It may sound a little dumb but I suggest you to install .Net 2.0 which
is point to give you ASP.net tab in your application property in
INETMGR, it let you choose the version of .Net installed... then the
also very2 good web.config editor. well if you think it's a little too
much then go to
http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx for a tool
called ASPNet version switcher.

Regards
Erymuzuan Mustapa

Meena

Summit,

Were you able to find a solution to your problem. Please help me as I am
facing the same problem all of a sudden on my machine when tryingto open my
Webservice solution. I use Windows 2000 Server and the version of .NET is
have is 1.1.4322. But it says the same exact error you got. What did you do
to solve the problem.Also I have another machine where .NEt is installed and
that seems to have no problems. Can someone teach me how to move my entire
solution to that machine. SInce basically all our code residesd in IIS , how
do we port this to another machine and make a fresh new project there.

Meena

Meena

Dan,

I am facing the same problem which Summit is facing . This webservice had
been running fine since many months and today when i tried to open the
solution in NS.net I get the same error. I use windows 2000 Server and
version of .NET is 1.1.4322. I tried going to IIS and in theproperties
window, i clicked on the "COnfiguration" button which opened the Application
Configuration window. But there I cannot see any .NET versions next to the
files. What do i do? I see that another machine running v1.1.4322 on my
network has no problems in opening a Web service application.

Meena