Web Service and Interop File Access Error

Aric Levin

I am getting the error below when trying to execute a particular function
from a Web Service. The Assembly functions calls an Interop Object which
Reads a file from disk, and writes a converted file to another location.
The reading part is fine, but the writing part returns the error below.
This works when I am not using it through the Web Service

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
occurred in system.web.services.dll
Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server
was unable to process request. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040309): File Access error.
at Interop.NCTAudioFile2.AudioFile2Class.CreateFile(String fileName,
FormatTypeConstants FormatType)
at RPS.AudioService.WriteMP3Preview(String sFileName, FrequencyConstants
freq, BitrateConstants bitrate) in c:\source
code\dotnet\webservices\rps\audioservice.cs:line 204
at Audio.CreatePreview(Int32 FileID) in c:\source
code\dotnet\webservices\rps\audio.asmx.cs:line 198

Thanks in advance,

Aric Levin
Sounddogs.com