    name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any sample or
    information on how to handel login to such web services?

    Regards

    m.a, Aug 6, 2008

  2. Hi,

    the easiest thing to do is to rely on IIS to handle user authentication. If
    you set the authentication of your virtual directory to basic (hopefully via
    SSL) or integrated security, it takes care of the authentication.

    Kind regards,
    Henning Krause

    Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange], Aug 6, 2008

  3. m.a

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "m.a" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to have some web services aloneside of my ASP.NET. I want that
    > these web services be private means that only people who has suitable user
    > name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any sample or
    > information on how to handel login to such web services?

    It's called a Web client accessing a Web service using SOAP Authentication
    User-Id and PSW, look it up using Google or Dogpile.com as there are plenty
    of examples on how to do it.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 6, 2008
  4. m.a

    m.a Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message

    > "m.a" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I want to have some web services aloneside of my ASP.NET. I want that
    >> these web services be private means that only people who has suitable
    >> user name and password can use them. Is this possible? Is there any
    >> sample or information on how to handel login to such web services?
    >>

    > It's called a Web client accessing a Web service using SOAP Authentication
    > User-Id and PSW, look it up using Google or Dogpile.com as there are
    > plenty of examples on how to do it.

    Thanks for the leas. It is very helpfull. Now I can find my way to some
    samples and documents.

    Regards

    m.a, Aug 6, 2008