    1. How can my webservice communicate with these server processes? I dont want to duplicate the server process code like ADO.NET etc in my web seervice
    2. In my server process project, can I add the webservice as an interface to the EXE

    Thanks
    hk2004, Feb 28, 2004

  2. I've used TCP to send a message to the Windows Service.
    I've got a thread that listens on a port in the Windows Service, and the
    webservice connects to the Windows Service and sends across a text message
    or XML to tell that Windows Serice what to do. The advantage of this is
    that I cna have my webservices and windows services running on different
    boxes.

    Another technique is to have the websevice write a record in a database that
    tells the Windows service what do to. The service then polls this database
    to see what it should do.

    Michael

    "hk2004" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have several clients, mobile, web and desktop. I would like to depoly

    common functionality for these clients in Web Servvices. Also, I am
    developing business server processes (EXEs) as windows services. These
    server processes will encapsulate all the business logic on the server side
    including DB access.

    Michael Pearson, Mar 2, 2004