  1. Can anybody tell me , what does mean by web service boundry in context
    of the SOA
    can I add wrapper / facade on top of my web service

    Purushottam Khandebharad, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Purushottam Khandebharad wrote:
    > Can anybody tell me , what does mean by web service boundry in context
    > of the SOA
    > can I add wrapper / facade on top of my web service

    Hi

    Afraid of getting flamed, but here's my point of view:

    In my opinion it is the opposite way.

    The web service is the boundary (the contract you expose to your
    clients). You can use a Facade "behind" the Web service to wrap your
    business logic layer.

    So you have:
    Client->Web Service->Coarse grained business facade->Fine grained
    business logic

    Following the above, you can have multiple web services accessing the
    same business facade. Again, the fine grained business logic can be
    accessed by multiple course grained business facades.

    As always:
    It depends... among other things on how "big" the system is in terms of
    services. The above point of view *can* be overkill in some situations.

    Back to your question:
    You *could* place a wrapper around your web service. You will have then
    have web services calling web services.

    Ideal (in my opion) you wrap your business logic layer (BLL) into a set
    of facades and have web services call those.

    Regards

    Henrik
    http://websolver.blogspot.com

    Henrik Gøttig, Dec 20, 2005