Web Service debug

Roberta F

Using Visual Studio 2005 8.0, framework 2.0, IIS 5.1

Debugging step by step a Web Service, if I push "Stop Debugging", the
execution continues until the end of the method. If I have some DB update
operations after the point when I stop the debug, I find data changed!!!
How is it possible? Which is the reason?

Thanks
Roberta