Web Service Deployment Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by klj_mcsd@hotmail.com, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have a web service that I deployed on 2 different web sites. When I
    go to www.mysite.com/ws/ws.asmx I get the page where you can enter
    values and right below that it gives you an example of a SOAP envelope.
    Well when I deploy my web service on another site (www.yoursite.com)
    and go to www.yoursite.com/ws/ws.asmx, the same example of the SOAP
    envelope is:

    POST /ws/ws.asmx HTTP/1.1
    Host: yoursite.com
    SOAPAction: "http://www.mysite.com/ws/sImage/GetImage"

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Body>
    <GetImage xmlns="http://www.mysite.com/ws/sImage">
    <sSpecNo>string</sSpecNo>
    <ImageNo>int</ImageNo>
    <ImageDrive>string</ImageDrive>
    </GetImage>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    See how it says in the namespace and SOAP action the mysite.com but the
    webservice is on another site altogether why does it have mysite.com in
    it? Or should I not be worrying about it? Thanks

    , Dec 7, 2005

  2. Martin Kulov Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a web service that I deployed on 2 different web sites. When I
    > go to www.mysite.com/ws/ws.asmx I get the page where you can enter
    > values and right below that it gives you an example of a SOAP envelope.
    > Well when I deploy my web service on another site (www.yoursite.com)
    > and go to www.yoursite.com/ws/ws.asmx, the same example of the SOAP
    > envelope is:

    > See how it says in the namespace and SOAP action the mysite.com but the
    > webservice is on another site altogether why does it have mysite.com in
    > it? Or should I not be worrying about it? Thanks

    Hi,
    This is actually the namespace of your webservice. It does not have to be
    the same as the URL of the site where the service is hosted. Search the
    group for namespace related topics.

    Regards,

    --
    Martin Kulov