    installed web service?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jul 15, 2004

  2. John

    Dale Guest

    Change the namespace for your own sanity, and others who will see the asmx
    page online, only. It isn't required but it'll clean up all that nonsense
    MS forces you to look at.

    use the exampe:

    [WebService(Namespace=http://www.mydomain.com/myaspp)]

    but really the web address can be anything. It doesn't have to resolve and
    is never called upon.

    As for the files, just copy the asmx file, web.config, global.asax if you
    use it, and the BIN folder. Unless you have other library files or
    references you have to copy, that should do it.

    Dale

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have completed my first web service and have tested it on my local win2k
    > server. Now I need to deploy it to a remote server run by a web hosting
    > company. Here are my questions;
    >
    > - What files do I need to provide them and how and where do these need to

    be
    > installed?
    >
    > - Do I need to change the namespace of the web service (from vs default)

    if

    Dale, Jul 15, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    Is there no way to protect the source?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jul 15, 2004
  4. John

    Dale Guest

    You're copying the asmx file, not the asmx.cs file. The asmx file doesn't
    do anything except point to the dll in the BIN folder. That provides
    limited source protection since any CLR app can be disassembled with tools
    provided with the framework SDK.

    Dale

    Dale, Jul 15, 2004