web service design question

Simon Whale

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a web service to recieve quote information.
I have written webservices before but with little security (by passing
usernames).

My question / advise needed is how to make security for an unlimited number
of users as currently this will be used my 100 different locations and the
information is coming from a 3rd party application.

hope this makes sense

Simon

JeffP->

how'about using a token that remains alive in the client session.

Write a wrapper to do the login, then call that wrapper passing the needed
values and the wrapper passes back the token, session(userinfo) as an object
w/limits rights to do certain things

HTH