Web Service Error: “The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

raveesh khosa

i have made the client side NWClientForm.cs and its code is as given
below:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace NWClient
{
public partial class NWClientForm : Form
{
public NWClientForm()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private NWWebSite.NWWebService service = new
NWWebSite.NWWebService();

private void getButton_Click_1(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
dataGridView1.DataSource = service.GetProducts();
dataGridView1.DataMember = "My Products";

i am getting the HTTP sattus 401:unauthorized error...

can someone pls tell the exact piece of code to be incorporated
considering that the web service is intended to require authentication
and not anonymous access..pls reply pronto...sos

Simon Hart

Hi,

Try setting the service.Credentials property with a valid
System.Net.NetworkCredential object which specifies the valid user and user
password.

Regards,
Simon Hart.