Web service error : Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by acssi, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. acssi

    acssi Guest

    I got the following error on the client machine
    when my windows service was trying to connect to Database via Web
    service (.Net 2.0).

    Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with the error message:

    <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=""REFRESH"" CONTENT=""0""
    URL=""http://<WebServerIP>/<WebServiceFolder>/Service1.asmx?wsdl""></HEAD><BODY>
    </BODY></HTML>

    This error will be generated only for the first time when the service
    starts and disappears when the service is restarted.It's sad that error
    appears only on client machine and it was never produced on my machine.
    I've gone through some sites and tried with some solutions like using
    WSDL reference, keeping .asmx files and .cs files in App_Code
    folder,etc., but nothing works.
    NOTE : I'm not using any custom SOAP extensions.

    Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

    acssi, Jan 16, 2007