    Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
    some good examples online that actually work?

    Thanks...

    Jim, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Jim

    Rob Tweed Guest

    Have a look at www.xmethods.net. Also at
    www.mgateway.com/wsdlvalidator.htm where you'll find an online client
    that demonstrates how they work by automatically discovering the SOAP
    interfaces from the WSDL document

    For a simple and effective one, have a look at the California Highways
    traffic report service (WSDL at
    http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/CATrafficService.wsdl)

    Rob

    On 30 Nov 2003 18:50:55 -0800, (Jim)
    wrote:

    >OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
    >services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
    >of webservices available online.
    >
    >Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
    >some good examples online that actually work?
    >
    >Thanks...

    ---
    Rob Tweed
    M/Gateway Developments Ltd

    Global DOMination with eXtc : http://www.mgateway.tzo.com
    ---

    Rob Tweed, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Jim

    Iain Guest

    I think google have got a web service interface as well.

    Iain

    Iain, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Have a look at Google Web Services APIs at www.google.com/apis/.

    To access these Services requires a unique (license) key, and
    Google limits each key to 1000 searches per day. Getting a key
    takes only a few minutes.

    If you want an XForms/Web Services demonstration, have
    a look at the formsPlayer Google Web services example.
    (www.formsplayer.com/community/samples/index.html)

    - Finnbarr

    Finnbarr P. Murphy, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Jim

    GIMME Guest

    You question is too vague ...

    Webservices can refer to :

    1. SOAP
    2. Packages which use SOAP such as AXIS
    3. How J2EE containers like BEA or WebSphere publish access to EJBs.

    So what are you interested in ...

    Something like "look at AXIS" might be a good tip, but if you're
    a student with 30 hours to spend on a project looking at that might
    be beyond your technical background or within your time limitations.

    It does come with some out of the box examples.

    Try http://ws.apache.org/axis/index.html

    This is a starting point for one approach to marshalling
    and unmarshalling objects using SOAP.

    For quick stuff you can make you own web service using JDOM.

    GIMME, Dec 4, 2003