Web Service Example?

Jim

OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
of webservices available online.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
some good examples online that actually work?

Thanks...

Rob Tweed

Have a look at www.xmethods.net. Also at
www.mgateway.com/wsdlvalidator.htm where you'll find an online client
that demonstrates how they work by automatically discovering the SOAP
interfaces from the WSDL document

For a simple and effective one, have a look at the California Highways
traffic report service (WSDL at
http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/CATrafficService.wsdl)

Rob

OK... so I have to do this presentation next week about what web
services are... which I can do, but I'd like to show a few "examples"
of webservices available online.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find
some good examples online that actually work?

Thanks...

---
Rob Tweed
M/Gateway Developments Ltd

Global DOMination with eXtc : http://www.mgateway.tzo.com
---

GIMME

You question is too vague ...

Webservices can refer to :

1. SOAP
2. Packages which use SOAP such as AXIS
3. How J2EE containers like BEA or WebSphere publish access to EJBs.

So what are you interested in ...

Something like "look at AXIS" might be a good tip, but if you're
a student with 30 hours to spend on a project looking at that might
be beyond your technical background or within your time limitations.

It does come with some out of the box examples.

Try http://ws.apache.org/axis/index.html

This is a starting point for one approach to marshalling
and unmarshalling objects using SOAP.

For quick stuff you can make you own web service using JDOM.