    provides a thesaurus optionally in different languages. Google didn't
    help so much yet.

    Thank you!

    Helmut Juskewycz, Mar 19, 2007

  2. On Mar 19, 5:27 pm, "Helmut Juskewycz" <> wrote:
    > I am currently writing an application which deals with text. I want to
    > add a thesaurus feature. For that I am looking for a Web Service which
    > provides a thesaurus optionally in different languages. Google didn't
    > help so much yet.

    Try my google..
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=thesaurus+java>
    The second top hit at the moment claims..
    "Add a thesaurus to your Java applications"

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 19, 2007

  3. > Try my google..
    > <http://www.google.com/search?q=thesaurus+java>
    > The second top hit at the moment claims..
    > "Add a thesaurus to your Java applications"

    It is defintely worth a look, however it is only for English, I would
    prefer a Thesaurus which supports different languages.
    And because of the google lookup, I am from Austria, so I suspect that
    my Google results differ.
    Thank you for the link.

    Helmut Juskewycz, Mar 20, 2007
  4. On Mar 20, 12:43 pm, "Helmut Juskewycz" <> wrote:
    > > Try my google..
    > > <http://www.google.com/search?q=thesaurus+java>
    > > The second top hit at the moment claims..
    > > "Add a thesaurus to your Java applications"

    > It is defintely worth a look, however it is only for English, I would
    > prefer a Thesaurus which supports different languages.

    Good point. OK, try adding 'multilingual'
    to that search, might get you closer.

    > And because of the google lookup, I am from Austria, so I suspect that
    > my Google results differ.

    (Another) Good point - I usually get bumped
    to Google in Australia, (but jump back to
    ensure the Google 'international' gives
    approximately the same results) but
    because this is all about languages,
    the hit rankings may vary according
    to which 'native' language the end user
    is suspected (by Google) to be using.

    FTR - top three sites I am seeing here,
    with the addition of 'multilingual', are
    alphaWorks, a page from IBM, and then SWAD.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 20, 2007
  5. Helmut Juskewycz

    Ike Guest

    Helmut,

    Look up the WordNet API -- you can discern SysSets therein, solving your
    problem if you package that up as a WebService. Addictionally, the open
    source project jwnl (on sourceforge) allows a Java port to WordNet. Lastly,
    I believe there is data available for WordNet in languages other than
    English - Ike

    Ike, Mar 20, 2007
  6. On Mar 20, 10:12 pm, "Ike" <> wrote:
    > Look up the WordNet API -- you can discern SysSets therein, solving your
    > problem if you package that up as a WebService. Addictionally,

    LOL. Sorry. It's just that one letter typo.
    in that word made me think of a back lane
    where junkies hang out.. ;-)

    ...back to business.

    A.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 20, 2007