Web Service generated proxy class

rgarf

I created a Web Service that has a method that takes string arrays for ex:
public void CalculateModel(string[] stringList1, string[] stringList2)
{
//code here
}
When I add this web service as a web reference to my C++ application it
generates a proxy class, in the proxy class it displays the array parameters
like this:
BSTR* stringList1, int __stringList1_nSizeIs,
BSTR* stringList2, int __stringList2_nSizeIs,

Then it does the following: checks these pointers for NULL
if ( stringList1 == NULL )
return E_POINTER;
if ( stringList2 == NULL )
return E_POINTER;

So my question is how do I prevent the proxy file from adding these checks
for NULL? because I do allow the user to pass in an empty string array which
is defaulted to NULL on the C++ side.

Thanks