Web Service generated proxy class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by rgarf, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. rgarf

    rgarf Guest

    I created a Web Service that has a method that takes string arrays for ex:
    public void CalculateModel(string[] stringList1, string[] stringList2)
    {
    //code here
    }
    When I add this web service as a web reference to my C++ application it
    generates a proxy class, in the proxy class it displays the array parameters
    like this:
    BSTR* stringList1, int __stringList1_nSizeIs,
    BSTR* stringList2, int __stringList2_nSizeIs,

    Then it does the following: checks these pointers for NULL
    if ( stringList1 == NULL )
    return E_POINTER;
    if ( stringList2 == NULL )
    return E_POINTER;

    So my question is how do I prevent the proxy file from adding these checks
    for NULL? because I do allow the user to pass in an empty string array which
    is defaulted to NULL on the C++ side.

    Thanks
    rgarf, Nov 5, 2004