    that will access the stored procedure and pull the data to the web page
    when a user click on a button

    Thanks

    . ., Sep 6, 2005

  2. Thats sounds that you know little from Web Services.
    In order to create your Web Service have a look to:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/webservices/understanding/

    Typically you will have to :

    - create a .Asmx page ,(use the visual studio template) on your web
    server
    - Implement a web method which return a dataset type
    This will look like (C#):

    [ WebMethod(Description="this return a dataSet from the SQL Server"]
    public DataSet myWebMethod(string p1,string p2)
    {
    DataSet myDataset;

    return myDataset
    }
    - compile it
    - add to your ASPX projet a web reference to the web service file
    (ie the URL of the asmx file)and name the reference (for instance
    myWebServiceClient)
    - call the web service with a code like this onein your ASPX :
    myWebServiceClient sw = new myWebServiceClient();
    dataset myclientdataset = sw.myWebMethod(p1,p2);

    Hope this helps!

    Marc Boizeau

    Http://oraclevsmicrosoft.blogspot.com

    oraclevsmicrosoft, Sep 7, 2005