Web service invocations

Discussion in 'Java' started by dilinig@eurocenter.lk, Dec 5, 2005.

    Can someone pls let me know why the error below occurs when a web
    service method call is invoked via axis.

    I have called the web service by generating client stubs with the
    wsdl2java command.

    - The Error is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
    AxisFault
    faultCode:
    faultSubcode:
    faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
    faultActor:
    faultNode:
    faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
    Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at
    org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
    at
    org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
    at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
    at
    com.sphereon.imh.external.wsaccess.RavnShopSoapStub.getAnnualAccountsList(RavnShopSoapStub.java:192)

    Thanks
    Di
    , Dec 5, 2005

  2. Chris Smith Guest

    <> wrote:
    > Can someone pls let me know why the error below occurs when a web
    > service method call is invoked via axis.
    >
    > I have called the web service by generating client stubs with the
    > wsdl2java command.

    Looking at the error message, it appears that the SOAP stub is getting
    an incomplete response from the server. I'm not entirely sure why this
    is the case, but that would be a server-side problem and may not be
    solvable from client-side code. If the web service location is not
    protected by SSL, then you should be able to get Ethereal to tell you
    the complete response and confirm that this is the problem.

    Do you have access to the server? Do you know what technology is used
    to produce it (for example, is it using Axis?)

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Dec 5, 2005