Web service : JAX-RPC handler and logging

Discussion in 'Java' started by Adrian, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Hello,

    I want to log every call to my web services (the logging message must
    group the SOAP message and some additional context information). I
    will log the request and the response.

    Log messaging must be assured by a MQ infrastructure.

    I was going to implement the logging with a JAX-RPC handler using JMS.

    But the J2EE for Web services spec indicate that :
    Handlers run under the transaction context of the component they are
    associated to.

    So, if I associate my handler with an EJB Session stateless and this
    latter one calls setRollbackOnly, my logging actions will also be
    rolled back.

    Is there a good solution ?

    Thanks for your help

    Adrian, Dec 13, 2004