Web Service not reading web.config but ASPX pages do!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mikevanoo@hotmail.com, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have two ASP.NET web applications that work together. They are
    structured as follows:

    \wwwroot\CommonApp
    This is the first web app and is a virtual directory in IIS and has a
    web.config.

    \wwwroot\CommonApp\SubApp
    This is the second web app, it does NOT have a virtual directory but
    DOES have another web.config. This app has some ASPX pages and an
    ASMX. The web.config at this level overrides some appSettings keys
    from the first app's web.config and adds some of its own.

    My problem is this: the extra appSettings keys added by the second
    web.config are present and correct when I debug the ASPX pages, but NOT
    when I debug the ASMX - the settings from the first web.config are
    there but the ones from the second web.config just aren't. Does anyone
    have any idea why this might be the case?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike.

    , Jan 24, 2006