Web Service on a web farm

phillip

I am calling a web service from a classic asp page as follows....
-----
Set oSOAP = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
oSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True
oSOAP.mssoapinit("http://www.website.com/TestWebservices/service.asmx?wsdl")

strReturn = oSOAP.HelloWorld()
set oSOAP = nothing
response.write strReturn
-----

www.website.com is behind a load balancer on a web farm. I can always call
the web service when it is located on a website that is not behind a load
balancer, but on the web farm, I always get the following error...

-----
WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: The
server returned an invalid or unrecognized response HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect
function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057:
The parameter is incorrect. - Client:One of the parameters supplied is
invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

John Saunders [MVP]

phillip said:
[...]

You can call a web service across a web farm. That's not the problem. The
problem is your particular setup, which, for some reason, is returning you
something other than XML. I bet it's returning you an error message in HTML.
Use a network monitor to find out what's going on.