web service problem - Could not create type

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rotsey, May 14, 2006.

  1. Rotsey

    Rotsey Guest

    Hi,

    I have just installed VS 2005 on a XP Pro PC with IIS 5.0. I already have
    VS2003 installed.

    I am trying to create a "Hello World" web service and publish it to a remote
    server that is running Windows Server 2003 IIS 6.0.

    The publish seems to go fine to the server.

    But when I try to consume the service in a Win forms app I get the error

    Could not create type 'Service'.

    My asmx is called Service.asmx.

    I can't beleive that I have this problem, it is a trivial hello world for
    peats sake.

    I have checked that I hav e framework 2.0 on both dev and remote server.

    Any ideas would be helpful,

    thanks
    Malcolm

    Rotsey, May 14, 2006