web service project won't load! please help!

jhill

i seem to be hosed. my laptop went belly up. since then
i took my c# web project to a new box. i put all the
files in the same directories, created the same virtual
directory, etc and all it says when i try to load the
project is "unable to get the project file from the web
server". i'm the administrator on the PC, using xp pro.
i've done everything i can think of, but it won't load.
if i move the web server to a different directory name,
then i get an error that the directory doesn't match what
the project thinks it should have. when i make it match,
i get that error.

please help!