web service proxy authentication

Saira

Hi all
I have an application that seems to be having an ongoing battle with my
firewall.
I am using a webservice to send back data to a SQL server database. Betwen
the two machines is an ISA 2004 firewall.
The firewall is set up so that it only allows authenticated traffic (i.e.
Windows user based). I cannot seem to get past the proxy authentication
problems.
I have changed the web.config file, and this seems to make no difference.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Saira

DalePres

I haven't run a web service through ISA server, so I don't know if this is
all you need, but the basic things you need to do to pass the user identity
to the webservice are:

add <identity impersonate="true" /> to your web.config,
make sure that anonymous access is turned off,
and then, after instantiating your web service proxy, try adding the
following line:

myWSProxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Hope this helps,

DalePres
MCAD, MCDBA, MCSE