Web Service request slow the first time

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Marlene A. Roman, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Hope everybody is doing OK.

    I have a webservice which I request via https://. I'm also using WSE to
    generate an authenticated token.

    I understand that the very first call to the webservice is slow because the
    webservice needs to JIT. But I've noticed that after a period of time, when
    the webservice is not being used, the request is slow again (only the first
    time) and then subsequent requests are responded faster. It's like it went
    to sleep and needs to be awake in order to respond to the request faster.

    I've used webservices before and I never experience this behavior. Any
    ideas why this could be happenning???

    Maybe related to https:// or WSE???

    Thanks in advance for any input.

    Marlene