Web Service Security and Access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Khumza AK, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. Khumza AK

    Khumza AK Guest

    Hi,

    I need some help with the Web Service security. I have a web service
    that picks up a file from a folder (any folder, network, local etc) and
    sends it using SMTP to a mail recipient. When I browse to a file on my
    machine, example C:\Temp\File1.doc and invoke the web service call
    passing the file, the system is able to attach the selected file and
    the email is sent successfully.

    However, if I point to any file in C:\Document and Settings\... or on
    the network, say \\ServerName\ShareName\File.doc, the system is unable
    to attach the file to the mail message being created. The error message
    is 'Invalid attachment'.

    I have enabled Anonymous Access for the web service and cleared all the
    other checkboxes in the Authenticated access frame.

    The following lines precede the call to the web service method:

    objCredentialCache = New CredentialCache
    objCredentials = objCredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
    wsWebServiceReference.Credentials = objCredentialCache

    Thanks
    Khumza AK, Jul 26, 2006