Web Service Security and Access

Khumza AK

Hi,

I need some help with the Web Service security. I have a web service
that picks up a file from a folder (any folder, network, local etc) and
sends it using SMTP to a mail recipient. When I browse to a file on my
machine, example C:\Temp\File1.doc and invoke the web service call
passing the file, the system is able to attach the selected file and
the email is sent successfully.

However, if I point to any file in C:\Document and Settings\... or on
the network, say \\ServerName\ShareName\File.doc, the system is unable
to attach the file to the mail message being created. The error message
is 'Invalid attachment'.

I have enabled Anonymous Access for the web service and cleared all the
other checkboxes in the Authenticated access frame.

The following lines precede the call to the web service method:

objCredentialCache = New CredentialCache
objCredentials = objCredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
wsWebServiceReference.Credentials = objCredentialCache

Thanks