Web Service Security

Ron Vecchi

Can someone point me in the right direction to securing soap messages to a
webservice. I have found and read a lot about WS-Security but am having
trouble finding ways to implement it in code.

Thanks!

DalePres

If you have Kalani's 70-320 study guide available, read chapter 11. It has
a great section that really simplifies the discussion of using
Windows.Principal and demand security. Demand security works great for web
services.

Dale

Gerald Brose

Ron said:
Can someone point me in the right direction to securing soap messages to a
webservice. I have found and read a lot about WS-Security but am having
trouble finding ways to implement it in code.

If you don't want to code to a security API such as WSE 2.0 and
thus hard-code the security loic and policy into your application,
then a better way is to use a security gateway aka XML firewall,
such as Xtradyne's Web Services DBC (WS-DBC).

The WS-DBC sits in the path of the messages and performs authen-
tication, authorization, transport security, auditing, and
content inspection (XPath filters, XML schema validation, virus
scanning of SOAP attachments). It supports security standards such
as WS-Security, SAML, XACML, XML encryption and digital signature,
etc. Policies are centrally managed using a powerful GUI, rather
than hard-wired in the code. Due to its excellent performance,
scalability and high-availability feature it is especially
suitable for enterprise settings.

Regards, Gerald.

Ron Vecchi

Interesting, Thanks

--
Dr. Gerald Brose mailto:[email protected]
Xtradyne Technologies http://www.xtradyne.com