Web service serving 1000 users

Jamunt

Hi,

I want to create an application in which around 1000 users will be
served at one time. All of the users will be sending around 1 mb of
data. I will be parsing that data and would insert some of the data
into the database.

Is web service right choice for this kind of web applications. What
kind of performance problems i might encounter. Will ASP.net is the
right choice for this kind of application . And will IIS 6 is able to
stand this kind of web service.

Regards,
Jamunt