Web service setup project

RJ

How can I specify creation of a new web site, for a web service, instead of
a new virtual directory under default web site, within a web setup project?
I need to run the setup MSI in unattended ( silent) mode, with no user
input, so the setup project must have the new web site name included.

I have seen a number of posts of this question on the web, but no answers.
This seems like a very realistic thing to do. Thanks for any input or
suggestions of books that may cover this. RJ

Peter Kelcey

RJ

You can try a custom action for this. You can use custom actions to run
other exe or script files during you install. I would write a script
that will create your new website and then add this file to the install
folder under the custom actions.

You can view the custom actions by right clicking on you web setup
project and selecting view->custom actions.

Hope that helps

Peter Kelcey