Web service test page uses internal port number

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ben M, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Ben M

    Ben M Guest

    I am having trouble with the ASP.NET web service auto-generated test page
    which is created automatically when a web service is defined. It adds our
    internal port number in the form submit location which breaks the page since
    our external port number is much different. Is there any way to set that
    port number manually or stop it from using the internal port?

    I will describe our situation in more detail below if what I said above does
    not make sense.

    Requests come into our load balancer on port 80 or port 443 (the load
    balancer is also an ssl off-loader which deals with the ssl certificates and
    client connections). It then connects to one of our 8 web servers using an
    internal ip address and port number (such as 8000 in this case). It always
    communicates with the web server unsecured.

    Our web services work, but the auto-generated test page does not because it
    adds in the internal port number for some reason. I need to get rid of that
    port number so that remote developers can use the test page.

    Ben M, Nov 9, 2007