Web service test page uses internal port number

Ben M

I am having trouble with the ASP.NET web service auto-generated test page
which is created automatically when a web service is defined. It adds our
internal port number in the form submit location which breaks the page since
our external port number is much different. Is there any way to set that
port number manually or stop it from using the internal port?

I will describe our situation in more detail below if what I said above does
not make sense.

Requests come into our load balancer on port 80 or port 443 (the load
balancer is also an ssl off-loader which deals with the ssl certificates and
client connections). It then connects to one of our 8 web servers using an
internal ip address and port number (such as 8000 in this case). It always
communicates with the web server unsecured.

Our web services work, but the auto-generated test page does not because it
adds in the internal port number for some reason. I need to get rid of that
port number so that remote developers can use the test page.