Web Service to read from Application Web.config

manika02

I have created a simple ASP.Net Web Service which reads several parameters
from the web.config file. I added a web reference to it to my application. I
want the web service to read from the "Application Web.config file" instead
of its own web.config file. The problem is that the Web Service is reading
its own config parameters using ConfigurationManager.AppSettings. How can i
get the web service to read from the Application web.config instead of its
own web.config.

Mel Weaver

The web service has no way to know the name of the calling program's config
file. If the web service can access the directory, just pass in the name of
the config file, and open it manually, just an xml file otherwise pass in
the entire file.