WEB-Service versus Service hosted by System.Runtime.Remoting in windows-Application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Peter Stojkovic, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. I have tried to host a WEB-Service in my Windows Application
    with
    Dim channelProperties As New System.Collections.Specialized.ListDictionary()
    channelProperties.Add("port", 9000)

    Dim channel As New HttpChannel(channelProperties, New
    SoapClientFormatterSinkProvider(), New SoapServerFormatterSinkProvider())

    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel,
    False)

    RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(GetType(AsyncWebService.service1),
    "service1", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton)

    But I believe, that is not the same like a real-WEB-Service created with

    Public Class Service1
    Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

    And hosted in IIS

    I am looking for an example where an WEB-Service is hosted in a
    windows-Application.

    Thanks
    Peter
    Peter Stojkovic, Mar 30, 2006