WEB-Service versus Service hosted by System.Runtime.Remoting in windows-Application

Peter Stojkovic

I have tried to host a WEB-Service in my Windows Application
with
Dim channelProperties As New System.Collections.Specialized.ListDictionary()
channelProperties.Add("port", 9000)

Dim channel As New HttpChannel(channelProperties, New
SoapClientFormatterSinkProvider(), New SoapServerFormatterSinkProvider())

System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel,
False)

RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(GetType(AsyncWebService.service1),
"service1", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton)

But I believe, that is not the same like a real-WEB-Service created with

Public Class Service1
Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

And hosted in IIS

I am looking for an example where an WEB-Service is hosted in a
windows-Application.

Thanks
Peter