    in the windows domain.

    Rgds,
    Sunil

    Sunil Virmani, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Sunil,

    The so called "ASP.NET Webservices" are run under ASPNET account, which has
    very few privileges. One way to get around this is to make the ASP.NET
    worker process to run under an admin account. The following article should
    help:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/cpguide/html/cpconaspnetimpersonation.asp

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Sunil Virmani

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Um.... write an email to your boss right now, and tell him "fire me please".

    Now seriously, granting admin rights to a program that runs under IIS is
    considered the very worst of worst practices - thus the levity in the
    statement above. You can do it, but you really don't want to.

    >From: (Sunil Virmani)
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    >Subject: Web Service with Admin rights
    >Date: 8 Mar 2005 08:27:59 -0800