Web Service works in VS.NET 1.1, but not VS.NET 2.0

Jim

Hi,

I'm not very versed in the use of web services, so please bear with me! :)

I'm trying to consume a web service using Visual Studio 2005 (the Feb.
Community Technology Preview). I'm trying to register a web service WSDL.
I am able to do so successfully using VS.NET 1.1, but when I try to Add Web
Reference to the same WSDL in VS.NET 2.0, I get the following error:

The document at the url <url.wsdl> was not recognized as a known document
type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL <url.wsdl>
could not be found.'.
- The document format is not recognized.
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in the XML document.'.
- The element is not supported in this context: <xsd:documentation
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">IDs for sources, empty array
means describe all</xsd:documentation>.
- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Expected Schema root. Make sure that the root
element is <schema> and the namespace is 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
for an XSD schema or 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data' for an XDR
schema.'.

According to the web service documentation, the web service uses the SOAP
1.1 protocol with the rpc/encoded encoding style.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem for me??

Thanks, Jim