Web Service works in VS.NET 1.1, but not VS.NET 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jim, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi,

    I'm not very versed in the use of web services, so please bear with me! :)

    I'm trying to consume a web service using Visual Studio 2005 (the Feb.
    Community Technology Preview). I'm trying to register a web service WSDL.
    I am able to do so successfully using VS.NET 1.1, but when I try to Add Web
    Reference to the same WSDL in VS.NET 2.0, I get the following error:

    The document at the url <url.wsdl> was not recognized as a known document
    type.
    The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
    - Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL <url.wsdl>
    could not be found.'.
    - The document format is not recognized.
    - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in the XML document.'.
    - The element is not supported in this context: <xsd:documentation
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">IDs for sources, empty array
    means describe all</xsd:documentation>.
    - Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Expected Schema root. Make sure that the root
    element is <schema> and the namespace is 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
    for an XSD schema or 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data' for an XDR
    schema.'.

    According to the web service documentation, the web service uses the SOAP
    1.1 protocol with the rpc/encoded encoding style.

    Can anybody shed some light on this problem for me??

    Thanks, Jim

    Jim, Apr 14, 2005