Web Services and references

PeteZ

Maybe done before but I cannot find details ...

When we develop in a Dev Environment (we use different. Server names etc)
and we create references to Dev Server names and this all works in Dev..

When we move these assemblies from a Dev -> Staging -> Prod environment what
is the trick to update the references to the new Server names as it moves
from "platform" to 'platform" ie. the Server names and URL's (usig SOAP
interfaces etc) changes as the platform changes.

I dont want to have to edit disco files etc with Notepad !

- peteZ

Jan Tielens

Hi

Set the URL property of your Webservice Referency to
Dynamic, instead of Static. Then a App.Config file is
generated where the URL is stored. You can change the URL
is this file without recompiling the project.
Jan