    How can it be done?

    Thanks,
    Eynav

    eynav, Oct 29, 2003

  2. eynav

    Chris Botha Guest

    On the MS Web site, search for "Consuming Unmanaged DLL Functions", or have
    a look at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../html/cpconconsumingunmanageddllfunctions.asp
    Watch out for line-breaks in the above hyperlink.

    "eynav" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are new in the .NET environment,
    > and we have a working web app under Windows environment.
    >
    > I'm building a .NET Web Service in C#,
    > and I wish to access objects and methods generated from an already

    existing

    Chris Botha, Oct 30, 2003

  3. eynav

    eynav Guest

    Thanks.

    From what I understand,
    the article referenced shows how to consume Win API dll's.

    Our problem is how to consume our (c++) dll functions, in new c# webservice.

    The problem is information about this issue is scattered and not organize so
    that I'm quite confused,
    and dont know how to start.
    My guess is that relevant (MSDN) articles would be:
    1. Converting Managed Extensions for C++ Projects from Pure Intermediate
    Language to Mixed Mode.
    2. Visual Studio .NET: Managed Extensions Bring .NET CLR Support to C++.
    Am I anywhere close?

    Thanks, Eynav.

    eynav, Oct 30, 2003
  4. eynav

    Chris Botha Guest

    There is no difference in calling Windows API and calling functions in your
    own C++ DLLs, or do you mean you want to instantiate a C++ class by calling
    "new MyCppClass"? If the latter, then I'm not sure (I haven't seen it),
    except for writing a second C++ wrapper DLL (or adding to the existing DLL),
    functions that "new" the C++ classes and serves as an interface to the C#
    code.

    Calling unmanaged code is the same in normal .net Windows apps as in Web
    Services, so also check out the "dotnet.framework" and
    "dotnet.languages.csharp" newsgroups.

    Chris Botha, Oct 30, 2003