    webservice for each functionallity, I will take hundreds of that. I could make a 'proxy like' webservice, passing a id for each
    function and a object for the parameters taking just one webservice. What's the pros and cons of thats architectures? There's others
    options?

    Max André Bündchen, Apr 10, 2006

  2. "Max André Bündchen" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting a new system form a retail chain and I could use a
    > webservices architecture to make all points online with the head
    > office.
    >
    > I have some doubts with the architecture details but I can't find good
    > documentation about that (the .Net have many different ways
    > to make systems like that). I read the Microsoft Patters but I have still
    > some question in mind.
    >
    > For example, a major question, in this system I will have stock, sales,
    > bills and so on, in other words, if I make a single
    > webservice for each functionallity, I will take hundreds of that. I could
    > make a 'proxy like' webservice, passing a id for each
    > function and a object for the parameters taking just one webservice.
    > What's the pros and cons of thats architectures? There's others
    > options?

    Hi Mark,

    you may start with one service for each major part of your application. Many
    web services however would be harder to manage and update so I would
    restrain from creating a lot of them. If you combine all your services into
    one, a little change on some method would require significant time for
    updating the proxy class and this would slow the development process.
    Separation can be useful if you need to locate the services on separate web
    server, application pool or network.

    my 2c

    --
    Martin Kulov