Web Services (Deploy a Service)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ricardo, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Ricardo

    Ricardo Guest

    I have a Web Service developed in .NET on Windows XP and
    it works perfectly.

    I want to deploy it to our Intranet server(Windows2003).
    What is the procedure to do this. I do not think I should
    have to install VS.NET on the intranet server.

    I've tryed copying the directory structure an content
    from the workstation to the server(on the server it has a
    different root path). T test the service on its own on
    the server and it responds that it is working.
    however, when a client app. via the intranet server is
    calls the webservice it gets a "HTTP status 401:
    Unauthorized". What's curious also is that when the error
    occurs in the "stack trace" section I get a path of the
    app that exists only on the workstation it was developed.
    "BGLevel.WebForm1.Calculate() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bglevel\default.aspx.cs:296
    "

    NOTE: it was created on a workstation(WindowsXP) and I
    want to deploy it on our intranet 2003-server.

    Thank you.

    Ricardo, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Ricardo

    Jan Tielens Guest

    If you've deployed the pdb files with your binaries (debug build in VS.NET),
    then it will contain references to the source code on your dev. machine.
    This is nothing special and won't cause any problems.

    For your security problem, check out the Directory Security tab in IIS
    Management: Authentication Control, I think you can solve your problem by
    changing these settings.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________

    Jan Tielens, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Ricardo

    Guest Guest

    I tryed that. It did not work. It still does not explain
    why the error message on the server contains the path of
    the workstation.

    Guest, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Ricardo

    Jan Tielens Guest

    This explains why the exception contains the path!
    If you've deployed the pdb files with your binaries (debug build in VS.NET),
    then it will contain references to the source code on your dev. machine.
    This is nothing special and won't cause any problems.

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Dec 16, 2003