    service to decrypt the message. I need to know this so I can be assured
    that an intercepted message cannot be decrypted just by using the
    information in the message itself.

    Random, Sep 8, 2004

  2. You are better of asking this question on
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices.enhancements

    From my understanding is that there are a number of methods that can be used
    for encryption, and that is defined in the header of the SOAP packet. If you
    use a tracing tool, you will see references to encryption methods, and
    perhaps the algorithm used (but not always). Its quite a large subject and
    you are better off in the above mentioned newsgroup.

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Random" <> wrote in message
    > I am becoming familiar with the standards and practices of secure Web
    > Services, particularly encrypting the messages with Tokens. What I don't
    > understand, and I can't find in documentation, is what type of encryption

    is

    Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET], Sep 12, 2004