Web Services Java client question

Discussion in 'Java' started by almousawi@gmail.com, Oct 3, 2007.

    I am newbie to Web Services. Let me know if I should use other group
    to post this question.

    I have to use existing web services installed on a non-java server
    from my JBoss java web application (with struts 2). I read a little
    about Axis2 and xFire, but it seems that the requirements is to use
    RPC/SOAP Encoding (as I see <soap:body use="encoded" in the WSDL
    document that I should use). I must use HTTPS security with user/
    password in the SOAP header.

    The questions are:
    1. Does the entry use="encoded" in the WSDL file mean that there is
    SOAP encoding?

    2. Is the best choice to use Java JAX-RPC (which is being replaced by
    JAX-WS, but it does not support SOAP Encoding)

    3. I believe there is many data types that I need to handle, so i need
    to use Stubs (not dynamic). How can I generate the Stubs java code

    Thanks and let me know if there are other newsgroups (google or non
    google sites) that I can benefit from.

    Thanks again.
    Sam
    , Oct 3, 2007

  2. On Oct 3, 9:36 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am newbie to Web Services. Let me know if I should use other group
    > to post this question.
    >
    > I have to use existing web services installed on a non-java server
    > from my JBoss java web application (with struts 2). I read a little
    > about Axis2 and xFire, but it seems that the requirements is to use
    > RPC/SOAP Encoding (as I see <soap:body use="encoded" in the WSDL
    > document that I should use). I must use HTTPS security with user/
    > password in the SOAP header.
    >
    > The questions are:
    > 1. Does the entry use="encoded" in the WSDL file mean that there is
    > SOAP encoding?
    >
    > 2. Is the best choice to use Java JAX-RPC (which is being replaced by
    > JAX-WS, but it does not support SOAP Encoding)
    >
    > 3. I believe there is many data types that I need to handle, so i need
    > to use Stubs (not dynamic). How can I generate the Stubs java code
    >
    > Thanks and let me know if there are other newsgroups (google or non
    > google sites) that I can benefit from.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    > Sam

    Your best bet would be to get a hold of wsdl2java or Eclipse WTP,
    which can generate java clients out of a WSDL. Once you feed these
    tools the WSDL for the service(s), the java clients generated will be
    stubs that can be used to access the services just like a local call.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Lew Guest

    Manish Pandit wrote:
    > Your best bet would be to get a hold of wsdl2java or Eclipse WTP,
    > which can generate java clients out of a WSDL. Once you feed these
    > tools the WSDL for the service(s), the java clients generated will be
    > stubs that can be used to access the services just like a local call.

    WSDL2Java is part of the Apache Axis project.
    <http://ws.apache.org/axis/>
    <http://ws.apache.org/axis2/> for the newer one,
    which calls the tool WSDL2Code
    <http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_3/CodegenToolReference.html>

    It's apparently available from various places, including as a plugin for Eclipse.
    <http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=WSDL2Java>

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Oct 3, 2007