Web Services over SSL with Eclipse WTP

Discussion in 'Java' started by nicofarr@googlemail.com, Oct 1, 2007.

    I've developed a web service with Java, Eclipse, Web Tools Platform,
    Axis and Tomcat. Everything works fine but now I want to use SSL. I
    created a certificate using keytools, I changed the Tomcat config file
    and wrote a connector for SSL with the keystore password. Finally I
    selected "Enable Security" in the launch settings in Eclipse. I
    received some error messages concerning permissions and I granted
    these permissions in the java.policy file.

    Now there are no further error messages when I try to deploy my Web
    Service with enabled security. The problem is that Eclipse creates
    Test Client and Server just using the http-port 8060 instead of https-
    port 8443. I have the TCP/IP monitor on and of course I see only
    unencrypted SOAP-messages...

    How can I say Eclipse it should use the SSL connector...? Why does it
    not work with the checkbox Enable Security? When I delete the normal
    HTTP-Connector in the Tomcat config file I get an error from Eclipse
    "URL not found" or so...

    Does anybody have an idea?

    Many thanks in advance

    Regards,