web services tutorial - an easy one

Cycloneous Echevarria

Hello newsgroup,

I am trying my first attempt at Web Services. My question to the group are:

Can Tomcat/JBoss do web services?

If yes, are there any good tutorials out there? Please do not refer
back to the Sun JavaSoft site, I looked at their docs and they made it
look too complicated when I've been told it is easy to do.

A little unrelated question:

Are there any good deploy tools to deploy JSP, Servlet apps?

TIA,

Orlando

Wendy S

Cycloneous Echevarria said:
I am trying my first attempt at Web Services. My question to the group are:
Can Tomcat/JBoss do web services?
If yes, are there any good tutorials out there? Please do not refer
back to the Sun JavaSoft site, I looked at their docs and they made it
look too complicated when I've been told it is easy to do.

I've had reasonable success with Apache Axis, which can run as a webapp
under Tomcat, or be embedded in your own webapp.

Berlin Brown

Cycloneous said:
Hello newsgroup,

I am trying my first attempt at Web Services. My question to the group
are:

Can Tomcat/JBoss do web services?

If yes, are there any good tutorials out there? Please do not refer
back to the Sun JavaSoft site, I looked at their docs and they made it
look too complicated when I've been told it is easy to do.

A little unrelated question:

Are there any good deploy tools to deploy JSP, Servlet apps?

TIA,

Orlando
I hate to be an AHOLE, you anwsered your own question...

I would suggest, 1. download the actual applications, they normally have
docs in the folders after you install.

2. go to the actual sites and look at the docs page(ie jboss/apache/axis
/soap)

3. Screw webpages, they suck, buy books(buy used books) I have found
chinese published books (in english of course) for 5-10 bucks. I got
Operating Systems 6th ed($92 book) for 8.50(honest to GOD!)