Web Services used for a synchronization framework ...

Discussion in 'XML' started by lbrtchx@hotmail.com, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Say you need to serve the same Web content from a number of IP
    address, which you need to keep out there with high availability
    requirements
    ~
    I think Web Services would be a good candidate for the
    synchronization of Web pages/content.
    ~
    What some frameworks do is database development and then let the
    databases themselves do the synchronization (Should I update my
    knowledge of this subject ;-))
    ~
    Is there any special reason why the experts have decided this way to
    achieve synchronization? One of the problems I see with that is
    idiosyncrasies impedance among different DBs or you must use the same
    DB in all Web sites
    ~
    As I see this synchronization need, basically all you will need is:
    * keep all your pages XML complaint
    * be able to update the actual pages being served with Web Services
    using XML libraries
    * propagate the changes these Web Services are doing in a secure
    (https) and transactional fashion to only the chosen IP addresses ...
    * thoroughly logging on each server the transaction progress/
    success ...
    * some graphed/tree-like Zeitgeist feature in order to undo/rollback
    to previous updates if necessary
    * . . . ?
    ~
    Do/Would Web Services(/frameworks based on them) reliably implement
    the needed functionality?
    ~
    Which pieces of software (preferably (but not exclusively) open
    source) do you think would reliable work on a production system?
    ~
    Do you know of any frameworks, projects, links or demoed ideas about
    this possibility?
    ~
    lbrtchx

    , Mar 18, 2007