    I would really apreciate the input
    Cheers

    Jo

    Jo, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Jo

    Danno Guest

    On Apr 30, 9:59 am, Jo <> wrote:
    > Hi people:
    >
    > I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
    > develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
    > no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
    > little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
    > and keeping the easy bit going.
    >
    > I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
    > I would really apreciate the input
    > Cheers
    >
    > Jo

    XFire would be a good solution

    Danno, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Jo

    Lew Guest

    Danno wrote:
    > On Apr 30, 9:59 am, Jo <> wrote:
    >> Hi people:
    >>
    >> I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
    >> develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
    >> no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
    >> little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
    >> and keeping the easy bit going.
    >>
    >> I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
    >> I would really apreciate the input
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Jo

    > XFire would be a good solution

    So is Apache Axis.

    One trick with Axis is to fold its libraries and web.xml paragraphs into your
    web app context instead of running everything through the "axis" context they
    suggest.

    Then it's just like any other JAR you include in a web app. It has zero
    impact on other web apps in the same container.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, May 1, 2007
  4. Jo

    Jo Guest

    On May 1, 5:12 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > Danno wrote:
    > > On Apr 30, 9:59 am, Jo <> wrote:
    > >> Hi people:

    > >> I was wondering what are your views, on which is the eaisest way to
    > >> develop web services that either doesnt upset your current set up (ie
    > >> no changes to server, config files, etc) or that changes it very
    > >> little (ie no need to instal 53 plug ins and change ports ,etc ).
    > >> and keeping the easy bit going.

    > >> I m gonna be using some xml-rpc and soap
    > >> I would really apreciate the input
    > >> Cheers

    > >> Jo

    > > XFire would be a good solution

    > So is Apache Axis.
    >
    > One trick with Axis is to fold its libraries and web.xml paragraphs into your
    > web app context instead of running everything through the "axis" context they
    > suggest.
    >
    > Then it's just like any other JAR you include in a web app. It has zero
    > impact on other web apps in the same container.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    i have just been looking at xFire, their "getting started" is not
    really helping me
    any other good tutorial for xFire? for example how do you know where
    to store the service.xml ?
    how do you build it? people who are using it seem to be very happy
    with it, but I must be missing something
    Cheers

    jo

    Jo, May 1, 2007
  5. Jo

    Jo Guest

    getting a bit frustrated, somehow i lost the web service wizard from
    eclipse.
    anyone know how to recover it?

    I am also lost with xFire, guidelines, pointers? very welcome

    jo

    Jo, May 1, 2007