    CreateAnalysisTypeB, etc operations. Is this possible using WSDL?

    Any reference to a document describing this is highly appreciated.

    Thanks Kim

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kim_Lok=F8y?=, Jan 25, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kim_Lok=F8y?=

    anonymous Guest

    Kim Lokøy wrote:
    > I want to create a web service operation called CreateAnalysis, and I
    > want this operation to handle several types of analysis as input
    > (AnalysisTypeA, AnalysisTypeB, etc). I want CreateAnalysis to accept
    > different types of input to avoid having to create CreateAnalysisTypeA,
    > CreateAnalysisTypeB, etc operations. Is this possible using WSDL?
    >
    > Any reference to a document describing this is highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks Kim

    Accept XML. Supply a schema for each type of xml content you accept.

    anonymous, Jan 26, 2005

  3. anonymous wrote:
    > Kim Lokøy wrote:
    >
    >> I want to create a web service operation called CreateAnalysis, and I
    >> want this operation to handle several types of analysis as input
    >> (AnalysisTypeA, AnalysisTypeB, etc). I want CreateAnalysis to accept
    >> different types of input to avoid having to create
    >> CreateAnalysisTypeA, CreateAnalysisTypeB, etc operations. Is this
    >> possible using WSDL?
    >>
    >> Any reference to a document describing this is highly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks Kim

    > Accept XML. Supply a schema for each type of xml content you accept.

    Thanks for your response, could you elaborate a bit please...

    Kim

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kim_Lok=F8y?=, Jan 26, 2005
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kim_Lok=F8y?=

    anonymous Guest

    Kim Lokøy wrote:
    > anonymous wrote:
    >
    >> Kim Lokøy wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want to create a web service operation called CreateAnalysis, and I
    >>> want this operation to handle several types of analysis as input
    >>> (AnalysisTypeA, AnalysisTypeB, etc). I want CreateAnalysis to accept
    >>> different types of input to avoid having to create
    >>> CreateAnalysisTypeA, CreateAnalysisTypeB, etc operations. Is this
    >>> possible using WSDL?
    >>>
    >>> Any reference to a document describing this is highly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks Kim

    >> Accept XML. Supply a schema for each type of xml content you accept.

    > Thanks for your response, could you elaborate a bit please...
    >
    > Kim

    Assuming that AnalysisTypeX can map to an XML structure, design an (XML)
    structure for each AnalysisType. Have the client pass the XML file to
    your Web Service which has but one argument: a String. The String is the
    XML file.
    Your WS implemtation parses the supplied XML file and uses it to build
    the real world object you need on the server side.
    For your convenience supply the client(s) with an XML schema definition
    for each of the AnalysisType(X) that you support. Using that schema, the
    client can validate their XML before sending it to your WS, and you can
    validate the XML when receiving it, so you know that your parser won't
    croak.

    anonymous, Jan 26, 2005
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kim_Lok=F8y?=

    Tamara Guest

    You can use XML data type "anyType". In VW XML to object binding you
    will need to describe all types that you are going to use. It can be
    simple types as String, Integer and so on as well

    Tamara, Feb 1, 2005