    Would you recommend me one good good article describing how Ruby
    manage session ID from the perspective of client (browser) and server?

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    Zbigniew Kowalski, Nov 2, 2011

  2. What do you use? Tnin?

    Balazs Nadasdi, Nov 2, 2011

  3. Balazs Nadasdi, Nov 2, 2011
  4. Balazs Nadasdi, Nov 2, 2011
  5. On 02.11.2011 15:24, Zbigniew Kowalski wrote:
    > I'm completely newbie in Ruby and I need to create sort of article
    > about how Ruby is different from the PHP about managing session.
    > Would you recommend me one good good article describing how Ruby
    > manage session ID from the perspective of client (browser) and server?

    Ruby does not do any web session handling. It completely depends on the
    framework you use how it's done. The two most common approaches to
    identify sessions I am aware of are

    1. URL rewriting (i.e. a session parameter is added)
    2. Cookies

    I believe nowadays most frameworks use cookies.

    Then there are various mechanisms to secure sessions

    - login via various means
    - allowing requests for a particular session only from a single IP address

    Someone else can probably better give an overview. But I guess you can
    as well research on the web: look up Ruby web frameworks, check how they
    each deal with sessions, write your article. :)

    Kind regards

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

    Robert Klemme, Nov 2, 2011
  6. Thank you for answer - just started reading about Session Management
    in Ruby on Rails.

    Kind regards,

    Zbigniew Kowalski, Nov 4, 2011