Web Site Administration Tool Exception

Ian Pitt

I am unable to add users using the Web Site Administration Tool. I can
create/delete roles, but when I try to add a user I get an exception. I
posted the error below:

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been
thrown by the target of an invocation. at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object
obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters,
CultureInfo culture) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CallWebAdminMembershipP
roviderHelperMethodOutParams(String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[]
paramTypes) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String
username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String
passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey,
MembershipCreateStatus& status) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigatio
nEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs args) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
stBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl,
String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)