Web Site Administration Tool Exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Ian Pitt, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Ian Pitt

    Ian Pitt Guest

    I am unable to add users using the Web Site Administration Tool. I can
    create/delete roles, but when I try to add a user I get an exception. I
    posted the error below:

    An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

    The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been
    thrown by the target of an invocation. at
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
    arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
    RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
    arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
    RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
    invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
    skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object
    obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters,
    CultureInfo culture) at
    System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CallWebAdminMembershipP
    roviderHelperMethodOutParams(String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[]
    paramTypes) at
    System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String
    username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String
    passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey,
    MembershipCreateStatus& status) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigatio
    nEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object
    source, EventArgs e) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
    EventArgs e) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object
    source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object
    source, EventArgs args) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
    stBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl,
    String eventArgument) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

    --
    Ian Pitt
    Cogent Data Systems